The Ivanovo region, located in the Golden Ring around the Old Town of Moscow, with its sixteen inhabitants, is one of the poorest areas of the Russian Federation. Kostroma, 254 kilometres from Moscow, is the largest city and the second largest after Moscow. Geographical Objects of the Ivanovo Oblast, "named after Ivanovskoye, a town in Ivanova Oblast, Russia's second largest region with 1.2 million inhabitants.
The topography within 2 miles of Ivanovo has only slight differences in altitude, and the region has 45 water reservoirs, including Ivanovskoye reservoir, one of the largest in Russia, with a capacity of 1.2 million cubic meters of water. Different types of precipitation were observed throughout the day, with no traces of it: rain and snow fell on the same day.
There are 5 flights a week to Ivanovo, each flight taking about an hour and departing from Moscow. For the purposes of this report, the geographical coordinates of Ivanovskoye are located within 2 miles of the city center and 1.5 miles from the airport. By comparison, Ivanova is about 1,000 kilometres from Moscow, St. Petersburg about 2,500 kilometres, and 3 hours by car.
The exhibition includes a museum with a collection of rare models from the Soviet Union, Russia and the United States. Mass and rare models will be on display, as well as some of the rarest models of Russia's most famous cars.
More than 20 percent of young citizens participate in the activities of the youth organization IMCA Ivanovo. There are educational institutions for Russian and foreign students, offering a wide range of courses in science, technology, engineering, mathematics and other subjects. One of the exhibition halls is "Nature of Ivanov Region" and is a popular centre for getting to know the past of the region. The city borders the Russian Federation, the Soviet Union and the United States, as well as the Republic of Georgia.
The legislature is represented by the Ivanovo District Duma, which is responsible for the development of economic, social and political affairs of the region. Law 40 / OZ, which describes the boundary composition of Ivanovsky district, does not list Ivanovo as a part of this district.
The village is located in Ivanovskiy Rayon of Ivanovo Oblast, Russia, and its geographical coordinates are East-East (the original name is Ivanovo, diacritical). Ivanovo is situated on the Volga River - Klyazma, the second largest river in Russia and the third largest in Europe. The Ivanovo region is located in the centre of European Russia, a large part of it between the Volga and Kleyazma.
Ivanovskiy Rayon is the largest city in Russia and the second largest in Europe. Russian holding companies occupying a large part of the territory in the region, as well as the village of Klyazma, are also the site of one of Russia's largest hydroelectric power plants and a nuclear power plant.
The museum exhibition tells the story of Ivanovskiy district from the beginning of the 19th century until today. The second exhibition presents a collection of paintings painted between the 18th and 20th centuries, mainly by artists from Russia and Europe.
There are other examples of Soviet Constructivism, and other notable landmarks include a large number of statues of Stalin, Lenin, Stalin's wife, and the founder of the Soviet Union.
This five-story building was built in 1934, during Soviet times, and was designed to look like a ship. It was built on the site of the former church, which was destroyed by the Soviets in 1931.
In 1934 a new, more spacious railway station was built, which is still the largest architectural monument of modernity in Russia.
The Transfiguration Cathedral of Ivanovo, also known as the White Church, was built in 1889, when the "Russian style" was in its beginnings and recalled the traditions of the 17th century. The civil stone architecture from the 16th and 17th centuries, which has no counterpart in the neighbouring regions, is considered a symbol of this city.
Ivanovo became known as the "Russian Manchester" as the leading city in the textile trade of that time. At the beginning of the 20th century, Ivanovo competed with other cities such as St. Petersburg, Moscow, Krasnoyarsk, Rostov-on-Don, and Chechnya.
In 1871 the neighbouring villages Ivanovo, Voznesenski and Posad were transformed into the towns of Ivanovo and Vozesensk. In 1932 it received its present name Ivanovo, and in 1936 it became the centre of the Ivanova region. In 1937, in response to the collapse of the industrial region of St. Petersburg, which had been held until 1936, all industrial regions of Moscow, Krasnoyarsk, Rostov-on-Don, Chechnya, St. Petersburg, Moscow - Krakow and Chechnya were merged and reorganized into Ivanovsky Industrial Region, which was subordinated to the Russian Ministry of Economic Development and Trade and the Russian Federation in 1937.