Ivanovo Russia History
Rostov - Veliky is a charming small town with a history dating back to 862 and five monasteries, including the Spaso Evfimiev Monastery. The value of this exceptional historical group is confirmed by the presence of five historical monuments from the 13th to 14th centuries, located in a magnificent natural environment. They serve as an example that paves the way for the development of the city as a tourist destination and for its cultural heritage.
Ivanovo is also known as the capital of Calcutta, Russia, because of the large textile factories that were established here, as well as a large number of textile factories in the city.
In 1929, the city became the capital of the Ivanovo industrial region, which included the industrial districts of Krasnoyarsk, St. Petersburg and Kursk, as well as parts of the Moscow region. It was merged with the cities of Vostochny, Novosibirsk, Komsomolsk-1, Vyacheslav, Ivanovsk-1, Odesa and Novosti to form the Ivanovo Industrial Oblate, which existed until 1936.
After unification Ivanovo and Woznesensk became the centers of textiles in the Russian Empire. In this respect, it was called Ivanovo and at the beginning of the 20th century it competed with other industrial centres such as Krasnoyarsk, St. Petersburg, Kursk and Novosibirsk, as well as with the cities of Vostochny and Komsomolsk-1.
The golden age of Ivanovo's history was over, and the local Bolsheviks were tempted to omit the name Ivanovo in favor of "Voznesensk" or "Komsomolsk-1" (the capital of the Soviet Union). The campaign for the return of this historic name, which began after the collapse of the USSR, had virtually no impact on Ivanova. At the end of the 1960s the facade of the palace was adorned with the slogan "Moscow, Petrograd, Ivanovsky, Vosnevsk, the proletariat," which proved that they would never be dissuaded from believing that the achievement of the revolution would give them a place in the history books of the great Russian cities.
With the transition to a Russian market economy, the city's industries entered a phase of crisis. When the Soviet Union disintegrated, Ivanovo stopped procuring raw materials for textile production. Raw materials, fuels and dyes were brought in from remote areas of the Russian Empire and abroad. This imbalance was also the reason why it became known throughout the USSR as the "City of Brides."
There are 5 flights a week to Ivanovo, each flight taking about an hour. So if you are travelling from Moscow, you can get to Moscow in less than an hour. The town is home to numerous well-preserved pieces of Russian architecture, which were built between the 12th and 18th centuries. Whether you're looking for shiny domes of Orthodox churches or wooden houses that look like something out of a fairy tale, plan your trip to the Golden Ring in Russia. If there were a living parade in Russian history, the Golden Ring would include the city of Ivanovo and its neighboring cities such as Krasnoyarsk, Novosibirsk, and St. Petersburg.
It is the intercession church, built in the 18th century after a dispute between the Russian Orthodox Church and the Soviet Union. It was the first of its kind in Russia, built after the destruction of the previous church by the Soviets in 1931.
A new, more spacious railway station was built, which is still the largest architectural monument of modernity in Russia. Over the years there have been a number of architectural monuments, but the city is best known for its Bebe, the largest and most famous museum in the world. Ivanovo has 408,330 inhabitants, making it the 49th largest city in Russia, according to the 2010 census.
Kostroma, 254 kilometres from Moscow, is the second largest city in Russia after the capital of the Russian Federation and the third largest in the world.
In 1795, after the Third Partition of Poland, the city became part of the Russian Empire and was given the name Ivanovo. During this period, the country became the capital of Kostroma, a city of 1.5 million inhabitants and an area of 2,000 square kilometers.
In the early 1930s, Ivanovo and Vosnesensk became an experiment conducted by Moscow sonstructivists. It was planned to become Russia's third capital and was used as a platform for social experimentation to implement the ideas of a new society.
When in the 20th century the industrial buildings were springing up like mushrooms, it was decided to restore the hut historically. The upper floors were taken down, the old roof was reconstructed and two mosaics with the coat of arms of the USSR appeared. This five-story building was built in Soviet times in 1934 and designed to look like a ship.
The full study will be published in the coming months on the website of the Institute of Archaeology and Ethnography of the Ivano-Frankivsk Oblast.